Requirements of Enrolment
- Your child must be two years of age before applying.
- Your application will not be processed if it is received before your child is two years of age and may be returned to you.
- If you are applying for 3 year old preschool you must also apply for 4 year old preschool at the same time.
- You may apply for one year only of 3 year old and 4 year old preschool.
- You should select one preschool preference and up to two alternatives only.
- You may lodge one application only per child.
- You must provide a residential address.
- Proof of residential address must be supplied with the application. Only recent utilities accounts, no more than 6 months old, showing usage and service address are acceptable; gas, electricity, land phone line. Rates notice is not acceptable.
- Proof of up to date immunisation and date of birth must be supplied with the application. The AIR history statement (Australian Immunisation Register) is the only acceptable document and can be downloaded from Medicare online through your myGov or Express Plus Medicare app. You can also call the AIR enquiries line on 1800 653 809, it can take up to 14 days to get the statement in the post.
- Photocopied pages from MCHN book or letters from an immunisation provider (i.e. GP or Council) are not acceptable.
- No Jab No Play frequently asked questions
- If the child individually or parents/guardians have a Health Care Card, Pension Card or similar a copy must be provided with the application.
- A non-refundable application fee must be included with the application.
- Enclose with your application your non-refundable application fee per child.
- It is the responsibility of the person lodging the application to ensure all documents are correct and included with the application form. Incorrect or incomplete applications will be returned.
In Victoria to be eligible for a year of funded preschool your child must
be 4 years of age by 30th April in the year they attend 4 year old preschool. A guide is listed below to inform you when your child is eligible to attend 3 year old and/or 4 year old preschool.
A child cannot commence 3 year old preschool prior to turning 3 years of age due to the Education and Care Services National Regulations and regulations in regards to child:staff ratios and room requirements for under 3's.
|Year of Birth||3 Year Old Preschool||4 Year Old Preschool|
|1 May 2014 - 30 April 2015||2018||2019|
|1 May 2015 - 30 April 2016||2019||2020|
|1 May 2016 - 30 April 2017||2020||2021|
|1 May 2017 - 30 April 2018||2021||2022|
For further information, please refer to the 'Application Information'
document, found on the 'Form
' page of the 'Enrol' section of this website. If you have a question that cannot
be answered by the information on this website, please contact the Applications Office (Refer to the 'Contact Us' page on this web site)